Thursday, June 9, 2011

Whats Cooking Good Looking!

So for the last four days I have been CRAVING nachos and not the kind from some to go place with the nasty fake cheese (don't get me wrong I do enjoy the fake cheese, but only on occasion). So I finally decided to get my butt in gear and make nachos for dinner tonight. I went to the store for the ingredients I didn't have on hand, mainly the ground beef and chips and started to the prep for dinner.

Since nachos have been running through my mind every 5 minutes for the last four days I thought I would do a post about my be loved NACHOS! :)



I started with the prep for the pico de gallo. Diced the tomatoes.








Then placed the diced tomatoes in a bowl with kosher salt and into the fridge to macerate .







 Cut Jalapenos in half and scooped out the membrane and seeds. My husband and I love spicy food. Boog enjoys it too, but Littles can't handle it at all. She can't even handle something super mild like linguica . One bite and she starts to cry and spits it out.
Lay the Jalapenos on a sheet pan and roast them under the broiler.





While the jalapenos are roasting, cut up 1/2 a red onion and one clove of garlic








Check the oven because the peppers are ready! Yummy roasted jalapenos. I like how they add a smokey flavor. After pulling them from the oven I dice them up and set aside.



Now chop up cilantro, my husband love it so I use a lot.






After rising and draining the salt and juices of the tomatoes off, I mix all the ingredients together in a bowl with fresh squeezed lime.
Now for the meat. I like to add green chilies and kidney beans to it for Nachos. It is filling and stretches the meat. More bang for your buck :)




Season the ground beef with garlic, paprika, onion powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Then brown it.








Once the beef is browned I add the kidney beans and green chilies









After it is cooked and combined I drain the fat off by putting the mixture in a strainer over a bowl







Now comes the assembly of the Nachos. First a layer of chips then cheese.
Then the meat, bean, chili mixture
And repeat!
Into the 350 degree oven it goes
While the cheese is melting and getting nice and gooey I chop up my avocados



Aww, perfect! Yummy cheesy goodness!










Top the Nachos off with the Pico de gallo, avocados and sour cream, delish! The whole family loved it and my craving was satisfied! A successful dinner if I do say so myself.

What did you do for dinner tonight?





No comments:

Post a Comment