Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cherries/Berries Fields Forever

"Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields. Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about. Strawberry Fields forever ."- The Beatles

Yesterday we didn't go to strawberry fields, but we did go pick cherries and berries at a local farm with my dad or as he is better known,"Papa". It was a lovely day, not too hot (cause around here in June it is usually in the triple digits during the summer) and not too windy or raining (it has rained a lot here lately, very unusual).
We picked Olallieberries, Loganberries, and Bing cherries. We all really enjoyed ourselves, it was a wonderful family outing.  The kids were able to burn off lots of energy by running around.




There was plenty of quality time with Papa. Boog LOVES his Papa, he asks about him all the time. Shoot even this morning he said "go Papa home, p-l-e-a-s-e". The bond they share warms my heart.




And of course they couldn't escape the Mommy love......
They had a huge "on the go" healthy snack of off the vine berries and cherries.

They learned how to pick berries without smooching them on the vine.





And I was a happy camper, because I got some really nice shots of the kids.














Once the days activities were over we were left with lots fun memories and yummy fruit to enjoy for days to come. Now just figuring out what to do with it all. I froze some for breakfast smoothies, But maybe I will make jam or pie with the rest. 

What are you up to this weekend?




4 comments:

  1. Loved the pics! Cute kids too! I must say you have an eye for photography. I am following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following :) And thank you for the compliments! I hope at some point to take some classes on photography and get some solid skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what farm did you go to? love your hair! great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to Pease Farm. And thanks! There were two reasons why I cut it. One: I was out of my Thyroid meds for a week and my hair got dry and unpleasant. The second and funny reason was, the kids have taken a liking to brushing my hair. They are gentle and nice,but would only go half way down and then start back at the top. Needless to say they were creating some rather large knots. Clip Clip, short hair- no more knots ;)

    ReplyDelete