Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Did Not Expect This From Littles

Having a little boy and a little girl you start to see a difference in the way they do things. I can't say for sure if it is truly a boy vs. girl thing or just their personalities, but either way they always seem to amaze me.One of the biggest examples with my kids was walking.

Boog walked at exactly 9 mos and Littles did too. Boog was always a bit clumsy! He would walk and be so focused on getting to the object or place that he didn't pay attention to his surrounding, mainly the floor and toys that were laying around. So needless to say he took a lot of  headers into furniture or crash to the floor. His clumsiness stressed me out so much! Now that he is older he pays attention and doesn't have hardly any trip and spills.

Once Littles started to walk I expected the same thing to happen, but she was the exact opposite. She was very cautious (and her being cautious has carried over to most of her other activities too). She watched her footing and stepped over objects that crossed her path. She still had her fair share of boo-boos, but nothing like Boog did.

From the first couple of difference I had noticed I thought that my little girl was going to be a lot less stressful in these early years. She is more cautious and she is cleaner, she even cleans up after she makes a mess without me asking her too.

When Boog was younger he explored everything, and a lot of the time he used his mouth to do it. Like dirt, he touched it, looked at it, and yes tasted it once or twice. Okay no big deal I can handle that. Littles like to explore too, mainly she observes thing with her eye and hands, everything that is expect gross things! She loves to lick the trash can, try and play in the toilet and eat dirt!

The girl LOVES dirt, to play in, make stuff with, and to EAT! She actively seeks it out and first thing before playing with it, she decides that it should be a snack first.

I kid you not, each time she goes outside I have to watch her and make sure she doesn't eat the dirt.

I really don't understand this at all. I mean of all things I expected her to be less likely than Boog to do nasty thing like eat dirt and lick trash cans.Thank goodness after weeks of me telling her "Dirt is not Food!", "Spit out the dirt", and "Yucky!" she isn't putting it in her mouth nearly as often.

 Am I the only one with a child that has a taste for Dirt?

5 comments:

  1. She is too cute even with dirt all over her face! My Lainey is totally the opposite. She is my clean freak - HATES to get dirty. I have never seen her put anything remotely "dirty" in her mouth. Now my youngest might be a different story. Could be the age (still under a year) but she put rocks, leaves, dirt, and as of this morning... dog food! :-) These crazy kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she is super cute too! Not that I would laugh in front of her (in fear that I would encourage the behavior),but I think the dirt on her face is pretty darn funny!
    I am glad to hear she isn't the only one. I think part of the dirt obsession is an age thing and I can't wait until she completely grows out of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved this! And if it makes you feel a smidge better, when I was little, and whenever my mom made burritos I would always go outside and sprinkle a little dirt on it...and I may have insisted on drinking water out of everything like a dog. It passes but darn it is beyond cute! -Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome Kelsey! I love it and it made me laugh so hard, because I can totally picture Littles doing something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! There are times Leigh and I look at each other and say, "He's such a BOY!" or "She is such a GIRL!" It's amazing how inately different they are. Even though the boys have SUCH different personalities there are things they all do! Punching dad when he walks in the door, making sound effects when playing swords, making weapons out of EVERYTHING (We had a banana gun incident the other day!) But they are fun aren't they?! And as for Lilly eating dirt...maybe it's good, have you tasted it? :)- Wendy

    ReplyDelete