Friday, May 20, 2011

Always Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down

I have been sick for six days. It is amazing how a simple cold can really get you down in the dumps. A cold makes even the simplest task seem daunting and unmanageable. But when you are a Mommy it doesn't matter if you are sick and all you want to do is spend the day in bed curled up with Nightquil, watching old movies that you enjoyed as a kid (mine is Labyrinth with David Bowie). You have to get up and pretend to the best of you ability that you are Super Mommy and that a silly cold has no power over you.

So yesterday that is exactly what I did! I got up and got the kids and myself ready, packed them in the car and headed to the park. The sun was shining and it was warm with a slight hint of wind, and the kids had be couped up for days, they deserved to go out and have some fun no matter how I felt.

Once at the park I really start to enjoy myself, how could I not, the kids were running around laughing, with the biggest smiles on. They say laughter is the best medicine and it is completely true. I know that saying  implies that the person who is sick is laughing, but hearing my children laugh and enjoy themselves is so much better!

I love photography, and I have two of the best subjects! So while we were at the park I took plenty of photos of the kids. I don't have the best camera, but I am pretty pleased with the shots I got.





Lovely Littles who always shines so bright! She truly is my shining star. She always make the world more vivid and bright whether it be her dancing, laugh or just the simple look of curiosity on her face when exploring the world.








 And then there is Boog, who since the moment he was born has been my heart and source of strength. Seeing him struggle with his speech delay, but still always managing to be the sweetest and caring little boy I have ever met (in the picture above he told me "Mama I Love You" and blew me a kiss) makes my heart fill with joy.

My two loves playing at the park and just being little kids made this Mommy feel a hundred times better. That is until we got back home and I realized how tired I was. I guess I used a lot more energy than I thought trying to keep up with the two love bugs. Then I was wiped and needed a nice long nap! Oh well it was totally worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment