Friday, April 22, 2011

What a Wonderful World

Happy Earth Day Everyone!



In our household we feel it is very important to teach our children about Mother Earth and how to take care of her. We do our part on a daily basis by cutting down on our water usage, keeping our energy use low and recycling. Each Earth Day the kids and I plant a tree to celebrate! It was a tradition my parents did with me each year and I wanted to carry it on with my own children.

This year I decided to have an Earth Day date with Boog and Littles. We first went out to lunch, which was pizza and then coffee for Mommy as a dessert (because Littles decided to wake up at 2 am this morning, I was less than my chipper self).


After lunch and a much needed caffeine pick me up we were off to pick out our new tree! As soon as we got to our local store and hit the nursery Boog spotted the loveliest lilies. I LOVE Lilies so of course they were immediately added to our shopping cart. Soon we came upon a Hibiscus plant. When Littles saw it she started to grab for it and say "my, my" over and over again until I put it in our cart. So Littles picked out our "tree" ( I think it is really a bush) and Boog picked out some flowers to add to our yard.


Now it was time to head home and plant our gorgeous finds and make our Earth a little bit healthier and a whole lot more beautiful. The kids love to play in dirt, so planting the tree was a blast!



Once our plants were in the ground Littles wanted her picture taken! She kept walking around the yard posing then turning to me and would say "Mama". Too cute, she is my little sweetheart!




Happy Earth Day Everyone!



Please share how you made Mother Earth a little more lovely today!

No comments:

Post a Comment