Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lovely Lil Lainey Bug

Before I gave birth to Littles I never really drooled over little girls clothes or girly things, in fact having a little boy was always my dream. But after Littles' birth something changed inside of me, I found myself in awe of all things girly. When Littles expressed interest in dancing and music I started to have dreams of her being a ballerina, performing in River Dance, and playing Cosette in Les Miserables.

I also found myself always on the look out for cute little girls clothes. With Boog I knew a lot of people who gave me TONS of hand-me-downs.  I know very few that have little girls and the ones I do know are so close in age that hand-me downs are few and far between. (I love hand-me-downs. It is great for your pocketbook and the environment.) So I have actually had to purchase most of Littles' outfits myself.

Since I am always on the hunt for cute clothes, I was so excited when I was introduced to Lil Lainey Bug's handmade clothes! I was lucky enough to get to know the lovely woman named Stacie, who makes these clothes through conversations we have shared on Facebook. It is so wonderful that in this day in and age we are able to connect with kindred spirits long distances away from us.

Stacie is the mother of two beautiful girls right around Littles' age. (Crafter and Artist Mommies, hold a special spot in my heart). Stacie read my blog and told me that she is getting her degree in M.Ed in Curriculum and Instruction concentration on Autism and will go for her Board Certified Behavior Analyst position. I was already in awe of Stacie's talent, but finding out that she was going to be helping children with delays and disabilities made her a super star in my eyes.  There is something about handmade items and getting to know the crafter that is incredibly wonderful.

The first item I found and fell in love with was her Olivia Skirt. One of Littles' favorite story time books is the Olivia series How perfect, I had to get it!


When it arrived in the mail I was so impressed with the quality of Stacie's workmanship. I have no idea how to sew, but having two youngsters has giving me a keen eye to spot what will hold up and what will not.  Stacie's clothes are definitely going to stand the test of time. I can't begin to tell you all the compliments I have gotten on this adorable skirt.

At Littles' last dance and music class my day was made by a fellow Mommy's comment. She total me " You have the cutest little girl ever! She is so smart, beautiful and she is always dressed in the cutest outfits!" Then another Mommy chimed in with " Yes, she seems much older than 16 months! I am always impressed at all the stuff she can do. She is adorable. I can't wait to have a little girl so I can dress her in cute clothes like this." I was beaming with Mommy pride!

Stacie holds specials called Super Saver Sundays on her Facebook page. For the last couple of Sundays I  got amazing deals on more outfits for Littles.

Here are some more photos of my lovely Littles exploring and playing in her new skirts. (there are quite a few photos but I can't seem to take enough of her. She is so beautiful, sometime I have a hard time believing she came from me.)

This is Littles in the Spring Has Sprung skirt




And here she is again in another sweet little skirt





 Thank you Lil Lainey Bug for making the cutest clothes, we cherish each and everyone!!!

5 comments:

  1. i am a huge fan of hers too! she does great custom orders as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable, and the skirts are adorable too! I know what you mean about going nuts over girl stuff (and I went CRAZY for pink after having 2 boys). I have since purchased a sewing machine and have made Addison a few things, but my favorite things to make are tutus!! She has...oh, about 12 of them! I am going to go check out the Lil Lainey Bug site now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alaina- I have seen the tutus you have made Addison, they are too too cute! :) And I am so glad you are going to check out Lil Lainey Bugs Shop, she does amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO SO adorable!!!!
    You must check out a few of our Vendors! If there's anything you love...tell them you know me...and ask if there's a Mamas Show special because you can't make it to our Mamas and chicks Show as you live a little far away!
    Crazy Baby accessories has the cutes dresses and skirts!!!
    HUGS
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Char! I will definitely check out the Venders from the Mamas and Chicks Show. :)
    Hope you are having a wonderful day filled with art and your two lovely girls :)

    Big Hugs,

    ReplyDelete