Sunday, April 3, 2011

Second Time is a Charm

So the morning on Boog's second day of preschool I was getting things ready and he started to talk about school. I quickly grabbed my camera and took a short video.

I began to worry a bit that we would have a repeat of the first day, screaming and then a long nap which resulted in a less than stellar first day. But by the time we were packed up and ready to go he seemed pumped instead of bummed about having to go.

We arrived at school early and Boog wanted to dig into his lunch box and have some of his snack. So we sat down just outside the classroom doors, had some string cheese and talked about his show and tell item. He decided to bring the bank airplane his Papa had got him for his birthday.



It was going great! When the classroom opened up we went inside, he immediately went and said "Hi" to the teacher and started to play. I went and said bye. He gave me a kiss, then I made my mistake.

After the last rough goodbye, I talked to several other Mommy who suggest I tell him exactly when I would be back and that he wouldn't be missing anything fun.

After the kiss goodbye I said " Mommy will be back in two hours to get you." Thats when the tears started to stream down his lovely red checks. I quickly added "Mommy is going home to do house work and you get to stay here and play". That didn't help. He grabbed onto me and gave the hardest hug, all the while crying and saying "No Bye".

I hugged and kissed him, said "it going to be alright, Mommy will be back soon" then left.

The two hours flew by. Littles and I had music class from 9:30 to 10:15. Then I dropped her off at home with Daddy and went to pick Boog up.

As I walked closer to the playground I expect to not see him again and hear he slept through his second day too. But to my surprise I found him playing. He soon noticed me and ran to the gate with a big smile saying "Hi Ma! In Mama! Hi Ma!"


Then recess was over so he lined up for a head count/roll call.

Then closing circle


Then it was time to go home!



I would say that day two of preschool....pretty much a success!  :)

3 comments:

  1. yay! I am so happy to hear it went better! He is just too cute , I cant even bare it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is my little cutie! And you have no idea how happy I am that day two went better. Hopefully in the next week, my leaving won't result in tears anymore. Fingers Crossed!!

    ReplyDelete