Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Family Fun

Sunday was a lovely day spent with my fantastic family. The kids and I started off the morning with Art and Easter Crafts.

I took a short video of Littles doing her coloring because I found her artistic style very cute. Plus she is in a stage where she is loves being on camera.

I always try and make the house as festive as possible each holiday (this holiday it wasn't decorated as much as I would have like, I ran out of time and energy). I got that from my mom, who always went above and beyond. (example: for my birthday each year she would put up "My Birthday Tree". It consisted of tokens from past birthdays like noise makers, paper plates, cups, goody bag stuff, masks so on and so forth. It was super neat)Here are a few decorations I put up.

The kids and I made this Easter Banner together. They put their hand prints on the egg shaped cutouts and I embellished them with glitter. It was a lot of fun and super easy.

Our Easter Table with the kids Easter Pails the bunny left for them.


I found this super cool banner from Hedgehog Studios, I printed, cut, strung them together and embellished the lettering and some of the children's' clothing with glitter. It is not the best picture, but it turned out perfect! Just what I wanted to add a little something extra and it was incredibility inexpensive!


Soon it was time for the Easter Hunt in the backyard. The kids had a ton of fun and so did I. I always do a mixture of eggs (this year plastic candy filled ones because Boog ate all the hard boiled ones the day before) and small toys (I did art supplies and dress up clothes this year).


Then my Easter present, a picture with all four of us. I always seem to have the hardest time getting pictures of all of us. And when I do the kids never seem to sit still, this time was no exception.


I love my family, I am such a lucky lady!



5 comments:

  1. i love this post kim. so great to see all the photos of your family. we have a hard time getting a photo of all of us as well. someone is always taking the picture. i have learned to just be more assertive and ask people to take our picture even if it is a stranger (well then i usually beg my husband to ask). happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whay GREAT photos!
    The one of you all by the tree is so special!
    Looks like you guys really enjoyed Easter,
    HUGS
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a lot of fun! I love holidays because they really make you stop, spend time with and enjoy your family :)

    Lisa- I know what you mean about the asking for people to take a picture. Most of the time I am so busy taking them myself I forget about asking someone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how wonderfull! love all the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I was so lucky to get some really great photos :)

    ReplyDelete